- Bidding for Black Bess development? Read More
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The case for a Caribbean debt initiative Read More
- Pakistan on top Read More
- Cameron defends axing of Simmons Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: People fearful of next step Read More
- SATURDAY'S CHILD: Pros, cons and pseudos Read More
- Bashment ‘part of we culture’ Read More
Pray tell me, Barbados Tourism Authority (BTA), how will Rihanna’s image draw visitors to Barbados? Rihanna practically lives in the United States and Britain. The citizens of these two countries see more of Rihanna than Barbadians do. People from other parts of the world are privileged to see her on her many tours to their countries. Yes, the BTA’s Rihanna focus will ensure that the world over knows of Barbados, but after that, what? Barbados cannot see it fit to even erect a billboard of the superstar outside the Grantley Adams International Airport. When tourists arrive at the airport and seaport, the first thing they should see is Rihanna large and in living colour. Just as cricket fans can go to Kensington Oval and take pictures next to Sir Garry’s statue, tourists should be able to pose next to a life-size photograph of our superstar here in Barbados. Where is the Follow Rihanna To Barbados Annual Concert? Where is the Rihanna March Break Beach-Fest? Where is the Rihanna Kadooment Band? These are the types of initiatives that will see an influx to Barbados of Rihanna fans and tourists as a result of a Rihanna promotion.