- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism a loser in Budget 2016 Read More
- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- Riley out of team Read More
- Badminton strides Read More
- FAMILY FUSION: Befriending your physical self Read More
- FOR WHAT IT’S WORTH: Good, bad, puzzling (2) Read More
- Chris Brown arrested after altercation at home Read More
I’m sure that those of us who are concerned about the high prevalence of obesity, diabetes and hypertension on this tiny rock won’t be thrilled that last MIDWEEK NATION’S Front Page features one gentleman who, for a “little” family luncheon, finds it necessary to purchase three cases of beers and four cases of soft drinks. Even those concerned about alcohol use and complications like drunk and disorderly behaviour, drink-driving and such won’t be able to match the broad smile that the gentleman on the Front Page was able to generate. There may be no “true meaning of Christmas” in today’s world, but at least people could be reminded of the dangers of excessive eating and drinking throughout the year, and more specifically during this festive season.