- Floral dresses, bow ties – and more Read More
- THE HOYOS FILE: Getting the truck out of the ditch Read More
- ‘TC’ digs deep; a breeze for ‘Snake’ Read More
- BFA action back in Wildey Read More
- HEALING HERBS: Peach palm good for digestion Read More
- EDITORIAL: Sinckler must tell it like it is Read More
- Bill Paxton dies Read More
I’m sure that those of us who are concerned about the high prevalence of obesity, diabetes and hypertension on this tiny rock won’t be thrilled that last MIDWEEK NATION’S Front Page features one gentleman who, for a “little” family luncheon, finds it necessary to purchase three cases of beers and four cases of soft drinks. Even those concerned about alcohol use and complications like drunk and disorderly behaviour, drink-driving and such won’t be able to match the broad smile that the gentleman on the Front Page was able to generate. There may be no “true meaning of Christmas” in today’s world, but at least people could be reminded of the dangers of excessive eating and drinking throughout the year, and more specifically during this festive season.