- Moody’s downgrades Hong Kong after China ratings cut Read More
- Guardian supports science effort Read More
- Barbados team named for CCCAN Read More
- Windies Women start World Cup preparation with team bonding camp Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Lesson from the donkey Read More
- Shaft 'forgot' he gave song to DeeVine Read More
I am responding to Ridley Greene’s column – which I always read – of Wednesday December 26, where he pleads for peace, calm and quiet in the pews and at funerals. “Not the noiselessness which . . . Carl Moore hankers after – desperately and seemingly in vain.” I submit that the loud mouth talk, the irreverence, the lack of respect shown during the usual church services and at funerals are an extension of what Carl Moore is talking about. I would therefore suggest that Ridley lends full support to Moore’s campaign. We do not want a “movement for peace and quiet in church and at funerals” and also one for a quieter Barbados . . . that would mean the Ridley Greene denomination and the Carl Moore’s and you know that could engender contention among the supporters.