- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- FAO ‘should boost food mission’ Read More
- Still swinging Read More
- Zane’s world karting champ Read More
- EDITORIAL: Dithering as Barbados loses ground Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Liberty vs state law Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
I am responding to Ridley Greene’s column – which I always read – of Wednesday December 26, where he pleads for peace, calm and quiet in the pews and at funerals. “Not the noiselessness which . . . Carl Moore hankers after – desperately and seemingly in vain.” I submit that the loud mouth talk, the irreverence, the lack of respect shown during the usual church services and at funerals are an extension of what Carl Moore is talking about. I would therefore suggest that Ridley lends full support to Moore’s campaign. We do not want a “movement for peace and quiet in church and at funerals” and also one for a quieter Barbados . . . that would mean the Ridley Greene denomination and the Carl Moore’s and you know that could engender contention among the supporters.