- TOURISM MATTERS: Tourism a loser in Budget 2016 Read More
- Now robots join fight against cancer Read More
- Gems defy odds Read More
- Captains can’t agree on T20 call Read More
- ALL AH WE IS ONE: Money for babies Read More
- EDITORIAL: Waiting for PM to give election date Read More
- VIDEO: Scotiabank Junior Monarch Finals Read More
I am responding to Ridley Greene’s column – which I always read – of Wednesday December 26, where he pleads for peace, calm and quiet in the pews and at funerals. “Not the noiselessness which . . . Carl Moore hankers after – desperately and seemingly in vain.” I submit that the loud mouth talk, the irreverence, the lack of respect shown during the usual church services and at funerals are an extension of what Carl Moore is talking about. I would therefore suggest that Ridley lends full support to Moore’s campaign. We do not want a “movement for peace and quiet in church and at funerals” and also one for a quieter Barbados . . . that would mean the Ridley Greene denomination and the Carl Moore’s and you know that could engender contention among the supporters.