- BEHIND THE HEADLINES: The Caribbean’s major financial crisis Read More
- Economic restoration needs unified action (Part 1) Read More
- Budapest to withdraw Olympic bid Read More
- Jason Holder among three reprimanded for breaching Code of Conduct Read More
- EDITORIAL: Tourism news lifts the spirit Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Mother-in-law is tiring me out Read More
- Bajans pull numbers for Fantastic Friday Read More
It amazes me that in a supposed 95 per cent literate nation, how so low we can go in the name of entertainment/culture. If it is not perverted, it is a host of drunken-like babbling, and laced with drug glorification. A backward society, I say. We know that repetition is a great teacher, so I now turn to our children. This backwardness is seen every day in our children’s behaviour. They are the spitting image of their mentors. They are regurgitating the filth that is being fed to them. Then we turn and lambast them when we see ourselves. Parents in Barbados have lost their way. Vulgarity is no longer frowned upon. Women bending over and a man ’pon de bumper and bubbling. This describes the men and women in Barbados. The posters in town are pornography and nothing short of that. How do we expect to progress? Barbados is a nation hell bent on destruction. Where is the church? She is deafeningly quiet. Remember, righteousness exalts a nation but sin is a reproach to any people. Barbados has become a reproach to God and He will act. Barbados, God will act, and when He does, we will be sorry, very sorry. Yes, He loves us all but this does not legitimize the sin in Barbados.