- ON THE RIGHT: Ethics a must in business Read More
- ON THE LEFT: Ethics role for managers, workers Read More
- Blown off Read More
- Pakistan: We totally outplayed Windies Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s be safe and be thankful Read More
- WHAT MATTERS MOST: Stop the blame game Read More
- Crop Fusion ticket buyers can collect refunds Read More
I READ in the media that CARICOM is appealing to the United Nations (UN) for help with domestic violence. Domestic violence is said to be everywhere and I do not think the solution, if the UN has any, will suit all people. However, the practice of violence is an expression of character which is formed. Where does formation begin? In childhood and that is why it is said that you should train the child in the way it should go. Violence against women and girls is practised by men. Do the men come from Mars? Woman, wake up! Your sons and grandsons are inflicting violence on your women and girls. Your son does it to someone and someone else’s son does it to you or your daughter.