- BCCI’s statement on sale of BNTCL Read More
- Standards push now shows value Read More
- Out of bounds Read More
- Selectors banking on Brath Read More
- FLYING FISH & COU COU: When lawyers enter politics . . . Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing gone topsy-turvy Read More
- Musical treat at St Mary's Church on Sunday Read More
I READ in the media that CARICOM is appealing to the United Nations (UN) for help with domestic violence. Domestic violence is said to be everywhere and I do not think the solution, if the UN has any, will suit all people. However, the practice of violence is an expression of character which is formed. Where does formation begin? In childhood and that is why it is said that you should train the child in the way it should go. Violence against women and girls is practised by men. Do the men come from Mars? Woman, wake up! Your sons and grandsons are inflicting violence on your women and girls. Your son does it to someone and someone else’s son does it to you or your daughter.