- Brace for Venezuela fallout Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: Be careful what you say, be careful what you do! Read More
- Real Madrid want more Champions League glory Read More
- Mitchell may step down Read More
- EDITORIAL: It’s time Barbadians get real Read More
- MAVIS BECKLES: Evahthing changing Read More
- Two bites at City by night Read More
I READ in the media that CARICOM is appealing to the United Nations (UN) for help with domestic violence. Domestic violence is said to be everywhere and I do not think the solution, if the UN has any, will suit all people. However, the practice of violence is an expression of character which is formed. Where does formation begin? In childhood and that is why it is said that you should train the child in the way it should go. Violence against women and girls is practised by men. Do the men come from Mars? Woman, wake up! Your sons and grandsons are inflicting violence on your women and girls. Your son does it to someone and someone else’s son does it to you or your daughter.