- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Spartan win in two days Read More
- Bennett burns Nurse in the Sauna Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- Arch Cot folk want answers, Mr Minister Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
Can someone please tell me how I can get a good night’s rest while heavy drilling is going on? The drilling at night in the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre building is simply unbearable. It starts between 8 p.m. and 10 p.m. and continues until the early hours of the morning. Last Friday night, drilling ended around 5 a.m. Saturday morning. How did we know? My family and I could not sleep, even with our ears stuffed. Given that residents live nearby, can the drilling not be concluded at 6 p.m.? Or just simply temporarily relocate those of us who are affected by this nightmare. Is there no milk of human kindness or consideration by the management and construction company at the centre? Is there no compassion for the residents of this urban community who were here long before there was even the Parkinson School Annex! I have an intense job and I strive to be an effective and efficient employee. I need to keep my job, especially in this volatile economic time, and need my rest in order to give of my best. I am on prolonged medication which has drowsiness as a major side effect. I take it early at night so I can sleep off the drowsiness. The last thing I want is to fall asleep while driving and injure myself or some innocent person. We need sleep and rest to function. Can someone please help us!