- TOURISM MATTERS: Exploit the film tourism niche Read More
- FAO ‘should boost food mission’ Read More
- Warrican the lone addition Read More
- St Thomas edge St James Central Read More
- MONDAY MAN: No regrets about teaching Read More
- LOUISE FAIRSAVE: Class of shareholdings Read More
- Weekend Buzz September 23, 2016 Read More
I think it was on Tuesday, March 26, that I was watching a station named SPAN and the Supreme Court in California was hearing oral arguments on Proposition 8, which states: “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid in California”. The court is considering the constitutionality of California’s same-sex marriage ban. A fool like me had thought and believed all the time that the Almighty had made that ban very clear when he put Adam in the Garden of Eden, saw that he was lonely and made Eve for him. How can same-sex couples procreate? They are here because of the said very procreation and its seems as though they want to destroy that gift from God. Yes, gay people have a right to things like housing, work, cars, and so on, but marriage? Not a chance. How can they rear children? What will the socialization of these children be like? Seems as though there is a plan to destroy the human race by non-procreation before the Almighty sends His Son back. I agree that there is no big sin or little sin – and to each his own – but there must be guidelines and laws in place for our safety. We in Barbados seem to like importing other cultures and other things. I only hope that there is no need here in Bim to discuss or consider same-sex marriages.