- Sustainable tourism drive Read More
- Brushing up paint plan Read More
- Caribbean umpire to stand in English County Championship Read More
- Arsenal deny Chelsea double as Ramsey seals FA Cup Read More
- No tears for Trinidad pipeline proposal Read More
- Bagging plastic bags Read More
- Barbadian culture on show in Canada Read More
I think it was on Tuesday, March 26, that I was watching a station named SPAN and the Supreme Court in California was hearing oral arguments on Proposition 8, which states: “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid in California”. The court is considering the constitutionality of California’s same-sex marriage ban. A fool like me had thought and believed all the time that the Almighty had made that ban very clear when he put Adam in the Garden of Eden, saw that he was lonely and made Eve for him. How can same-sex couples procreate? They are here because of the said very procreation and its seems as though they want to destroy that gift from God. Yes, gay people have a right to things like housing, work, cars, and so on, but marriage? Not a chance. How can they rear children? What will the socialization of these children be like? Seems as though there is a plan to destroy the human race by non-procreation before the Almighty sends His Son back. I agree that there is no big sin or little sin – and to each his own – but there must be guidelines and laws in place for our safety. We in Barbados seem to like importing other cultures and other things. I only hope that there is no need here in Bim to discuss or consider same-sex marriages.