- FTC issues two decisions Read More
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Mottley against clean sweep Read More
- Call for mini-stadiums Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mandela arrives for visit with PM and Buju show Read More
THE UPSURGE IN GUN-RELATED CRIME and fatal shootings has evoked questions as to what can be done to eliminate the problem.
Some persons have suggested a gun amnesty, others night-time stop and search of motor vehicles.
These initiatives have already been tried in times past without significant success.
There must be new and bold attempts at reducing gun-related crime even if it cannot be completely eradicated.
1) Amend the relevant laws so that capital punishment can be carried out for heinous acts of murder.
2) Amend the relevant laws to allow stiffer penalties for other gun-related crimes.
The laws of the land as given to Moses by God were clearly spelt out in both the Old Testament and the New Testament of the Holy Bible, and many are still applicable today.
– MICHAEL RAY