- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Titus strikes gold Read More
- Bajans seeking more Carifta swim medals Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Don’t spoil the ‘Endgame’ Read More
IT IS NOT endearing at this time of year (religion notwithstanding) that some children are not able to see their fathers and it is about time that this intransigent neglect be called abuse.
However, what do we do with fathers who literally and unilaterally rescind responsibility, even if some claim uncertain paternity, although we know that the majority slink away in the quagmire of psychological wilderness?
On the other hand, there are so many wonderful fathers out there knowingly nurturing children that might not even be theirs, and yet this society continues to support a set of renegades who wreak havoc and pandemonium in the hearts of these children.
We should be hopeful for this nation as it grapples and resolves some of its issues, but this endemic fatherlessness seems beyond this border.
So let us vote for patrols at every border to corral them and make fathers “man up” for the sorrows of our children.
Dear children, you are not alone, there are so many of you, but I want to tell you that this society has to fight for what is right and good.
Forgive us for our neglect, that we could even countenance this behavior in our midst. How dare us! Sweet children, you are wonderful and worth the fight.
– INGRID ARTHUR