The ban on cellphones in schools will not be lifted just yet.
- Stansfeld Scott and supplier partners help hurricane-hit islands Read More
- FTC in final stages of BNTCL review Read More
- Regional coaches complete Level 1 and Level 3 coaching programmes Read More
- Beyond CAC Read More
- Always ready to forgive Read More
- Constituencies should be reduced Read More
- $4 800 in 48 hours Read More
GOVERNMENT’S CONTENTIOUS PLAN to lift the ban on cellphone use in schools has been put on hold.
The change in policy will not now come into force at the start of the new school year next month because all the details have not been completed, Minister of Education Ronald Jones announced yesterday.
The news was immediately welcomed by the president of the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union, Mary Redman.
“Excellent,” was her initial response to the announcement, adding she would welcome a complete reversal of the plan. (JS)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.