The ban on cellphones in schools will not be lifted just yet.
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
GOVERNMENT’S CONTENTIOUS PLAN to lift the ban on cellphone use in schools has been put on hold.
The change in policy will not now come into force at the start of the new school year next month because all the details have not been completed, Minister of Education Ronald Jones announced yesterday.
The news was immediately welcomed by the president of the Barbados Secondary Teachers’ Union, Mary Redman.
“Excellent,” was her initial response to the announcement, adding she would welcome a complete reversal of the plan. (JS)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.