The minibus and one of the cars involved in the accident. (FILE)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- It takes two Read More
- Sport off track? Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
THE MAN WHO died in this afternoon’s road fatality along Salters, St Michael has been identified as 70-year-old Purshothamdos Kishore Samtani of Elizabeth Park, Christ Church.
He was driving his car when his vehicle became involved in a collision with a minibus driven by 41-year-old Nigel Burrowes of Cherry Grove, St John and a car driven by 43-year-old Steven Drummond of St Silas Heights, St James.
Samtani died at the scene.
Five passengers aboard the minibus received non-life threatening injuries which consisted mainly of back, neck and leg pains.
Three of these passengers were transported to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by ambulance for medical attention.
Neither Burrowes nor Drummond complained of injuries at the time.
Police investigations are continuing. (PR/NB)