Barbadian Jack Husbands saw out Hurricane Irma in Tortola. (GP)
- Cabinet approves Barbados Sustainable Recovery Plan Read More
- Grenada to host CDB's 48th Annual Meeting Read More
- A St Michael win most likely Read More
- Allan ninth at World Juniors Read More
- Relegate Nelson to museum Read More
- Give the whole story, please Read More
- MUSICAL ICONS: Alison Hinds Read More
BARBADIANS IN TORTOLA seem committed to helping rebuild the British Virgin Island they now call home.
News of this comes from Barbadian Jack Husbands, who spoke to the DAILY NATION yesterday, days after Hurricane Irma slammed into Tortola, bringing death and destruction to the 21.5 square mile island.
Husbands, who has been living there for the past 25 years, said residents were surprised by the ferocity of the Category 5 hurricane.
Packing 185 miles per hour winds, Irma ripped most of Tortola’s infrastructure to shreds last Wednesday, killing one person in the process. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.