Barbadian Jack Husbands saw out Hurricane Irma in Tortola. (GP)
- LIAT flight disruptions due to Hurricane Maria Read More
- Irma costing LIAT millions Read More
- Bairstow ton propels England to easy ODI win over Windies Read More
- Davis tie into second reserve day Read More
- Revisiting why Nelson must go Read More
- Economic model no longer sustainable Read More
- Anime is her game Read More
BARBADIANS IN TORTOLA seem committed to helping rebuild the British Virgin Island they now call home.
News of this comes from Barbadian Jack Husbands, who spoke to the DAILY NATION yesterday, days after Hurricane Irma slammed into Tortola, bringing death and destruction to the 21.5 square mile island.
Husbands, who has been living there for the past 25 years, said residents were surprised by the ferocity of the Category 5 hurricane.
Packing 185 miles per hour winds, Irma ripped most of Tortola’s infrastructure to shreds last Wednesday, killing one person in the process. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.