Nico and Naomi Mayers and their two children are among the Barbadians trapped in St Maarten. (FILE)
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
The Barbados Defence Force, with the assistance of the Regional Security System Headquarters, has organised the evacuation of Barbadians from St Maarten.
The BDF made the announcement this morning, noting that further information will be provided as it becomes available.
It is not known exactly how many Barbadians have been trapped in St Maarten since the devastating passage of Hurricane Irma on September 6.
Siblings Sabrina and Shane Weekes, both teachers, were among those stranded along with Nico and Naomi Mayers and their two children.
On Sunday, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs put out an urgent call for contact information for Barbadians who wished to return home.
Contact information and any other relevant data concerning Barbadians who are on the island of St Martin should be sent, as a matter of urgency, to one of the following email addresses: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. (NB/PR)