- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- C&W announces partial restoration of mobile network In Dominica Read More
- Quake cancels CAC meet Read More
- Sir Hilary’s goal Read More
- Shade of the soul main thing Read More
- A punishment, not deterrent Read More
- Neesha feels So Amazing with another award Read More
THE DEPARTMENT OF EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT (DEM) has commenced a sign language interpretation course to train emergency responders and community volunteers to lend assistance to the deaf community, if the need arises.
Under the theme All Hands on Deck, the first training session is being conducted at the DEM’s Warrens headquarters from today, Tuesday, September 12, to Wednesday, September 20. The second training session takes place from Tuesday, October 24, to Wednesday, November 1.
The programme, which is sponsored by the European Union (EU) through the ACP/ EU Natural Disaster Risk Management Programme, will run from 9 a.m. to noon each day, and participants will be instructed by Bonnie Leonce. (BGIS)