Goal attack Shakeila Smith taking a shot for Newbury Stars against Bacannal Time Momentum. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
THE OPENING GAME of the Barbados Workers’ Union’s 38th Annual Netball Tournament was a thriller that was decided by one goal at the Netball Stadium on Sunday evening.
Competing in the Ulric Sealy Zone, Warriors edged out BDF Solja Girlz 18-17.
Warriors led by one goal throughout the first and second quarters before the Solja Girlz locked scores by the end of the third quarter. In the dying stages of the final quarter, Warriors nipped ahead and held on.
Goal attack Keianna James led the Warriors to victory, netting nine of her 16 attempts. She was assisted by Tiana Catlyn, who later took her bib to score seven of ten attempts, and goal shooter Mariah Haynes, who shot two of six. (RG)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.