Goal attack Shakeila Smith taking a shot for Newbury Stars against Bacannal Time Momentum. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Stansfeld Scott and supplier partners help hurricane-hit islands Read More
- FTC in final stages of BNTCL review Read More
- Regional coaches complete Level 1 and Level 3 coaching programmes Read More
- Beyond CAC Read More
- Always ready to forgive Read More
- Constituencies should be reduced Read More
- $4 800 in 48 hours Read More
THE OPENING GAME of the Barbados Workers’ Union’s 38th Annual Netball Tournament was a thriller that was decided by one goal at the Netball Stadium on Sunday evening.
Competing in the Ulric Sealy Zone, Warriors edged out BDF Solja Girlz 18-17.
Warriors led by one goal throughout the first and second quarters before the Solja Girlz locked scores by the end of the third quarter. In the dying stages of the final quarter, Warriors nipped ahead and held on.
Goal attack Keianna James led the Warriors to victory, netting nine of her 16 attempts. She was assisted by Tiana Catlyn, who later took her bib to score seven of ten attempts, and goal shooter Mariah Haynes, who shot two of six. (RG)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.