SHAKIRA DOUGHLIN: “This year’s Olympia has an amateur stage for the first time in Vegas and I want to be a part of that history.” (FILE)
- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- UPDATE: Volcanoes begin chase with 68/2 in Super50 final Read More
- Pride take on Volcanoes in Super50 final Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
IT’S THE CHANCE of a lifetime, and Shakira Doughlin is making the most of it.
The national bikini fitness queen is competing tomorrow night with the creme de la creme at the 2017 Amateur Olympia at the Orleans Hotel and Casino showroom in Las Vegas.
“This year’s Olympia has an amateur stage for the first time in Vegas and I want to be a part of that history. The top girls will be there and I am happy to be competing against them.
“Your federation can enter you into any of these elite amateur contests once you are in good standing. I would also like to thank the Barbados Amateur Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation for their support. I will represent my country with pride,” said Doughlin, who left here on Monday. (MK)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.