Sahara Force India F1 driver Esteban Ocon is among the drivers for the Barbados Festival of Speed at Bushy Park next month. (Picture from the Barbados Festival of Speed)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
ANOTHER Formula 1 driver will be among the competitors at next month’s Barbados Festival of Speed.
He is young French driver Esteban Ocon, who along with his F1 team Sahara Force India, and former F1 World champion Jenson Button, have been named for the day/night event on October 14 at the Bushy Park racing circuit.
Ocon, who will turn 21 later this month, is fresh from a career-best third on the grid at last week’s Italian Grand Prix at Monza. He is returning to the same track where he and compatriot Romain Grosjean reached the semi-finals of Race Of Champions in 2014.
The French driver’s appearance is part of a wider commitment to the Barbados Festival Of Speed from Sahara Force India, which will also be sending a VJM09 show car, to be displayed in the Festival Village at Bushy Park. (TT)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.