- Deloitte hacked, says ‘very few’ clients affected Read More
- St Lucia’s Prime Minister proposes new US Caribbean trade initiative Read More
- St George South start with bang Read More
- Warrens again Read More
- Spare the rod, ruin the child Read More
- To whom much is given . . . Read More
- British actor Colin Firth gets dual Italian citizenship after Brexit vote Read More
EVEN AS ATTORNEY GENERAL Adriel Brathwaite was announcing yesterday plans for a new firearms bill and other measures to combat spiralling crime and gunplay in Barbados, police were busy raking up illegal guns.
They seized a whopping 16 firearms and 593 rounds of assorted ammunition in four separate operations.
Police issued a notice that six of those firearms and four rounds of ammunition were seized at the Bridgetown Port during an intelligence-led operation involving Customs enforcement officers and the Anti-Gun Unit.
However, the DAILY NATION was reliably informed that seven guns and a quantity of ammunition were also discovered at a promotional fete which police raided in the wee hours of yesterday. (MB/GC)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.