- Stansfeld Scott and supplier partners help hurricane-hit islands Read More
- FTC in final stages of BNTCL review Read More
- Regional coaches complete Level 1 and Level 3 coaching programmes Read More
- Beyond CAC Read More
- Always ready to forgive Read More
- Constituencies should be reduced Read More
- $4 800 in 48 hours Read More
EVEN AS ATTORNEY GENERAL Adriel Brathwaite was announcing yesterday plans for a new firearms bill and other measures to combat spiralling crime and gunplay in Barbados, police were busy raking up illegal guns.
They seized a whopping 16 firearms and 593 rounds of assorted ammunition in four separate operations.
Police issued a notice that six of those firearms and four rounds of ammunition were seized at the Bridgetown Port during an intelligence-led operation involving Customs enforcement officers and the Anti-Gun Unit.
However, the DAILY NATION was reliably informed that seven guns and a quantity of ammunition were also discovered at a promotional fete which police raided in the wee hours of yesterday. (MB/GC)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.