- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
EVEN AS ATTORNEY GENERAL Adriel Brathwaite was announcing yesterday plans for a new firearms bill and other measures to combat spiralling crime and gunplay in Barbados, police were busy raking up illegal guns.
They seized a whopping 16 firearms and 593 rounds of assorted ammunition in four separate operations.
Police issued a notice that six of those firearms and four rounds of ammunition were seized at the Bridgetown Port during an intelligence-led operation involving Customs enforcement officers and the Anti-Gun Unit.
However, the DAILY NATION was reliably informed that seven guns and a quantity of ammunition were also discovered at a promotional fete which police raided in the wee hours of yesterday. (MB/GC)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.