A large number of family, friends and well-wishers turned up to say a final farewell to the fallen Kyle Rico Burgess and Renaldo Gittens. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
JUSTICE WILL PREVAIL!
That was the pledge from Member of Parliament for St Philip North Michael Lashley as he spoke to the DAILY NATION in the graveyard of St Catherine’s Anglican Church yesterday evening, where the bodies of Kyle Rico “Sad Boy” Burgess and Renaldo “Conan” Gittens, both 24, were interred.
The two cousins were gunned down while liming on the block at Marley Vale, St Philip, with a group of people on August 29. It was not far from their East Point homes.
“We have a Royal Barbados Police Force that is looking after investigations and I have full confidence that they will do whatever is necessary, and of course the Fair Trial provisions. Once that person is given all the access to a fair trial, then justice will prevail,” said Lashley. (YB)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.