Significant damage was recorded in the south of Dominica, as seen in this photo.
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
Reports out of Dominica indicate that 15 residents from the southern community of Pointe Michel are presumed dead as a result of Hurricane Maria which devastated the island of Dominica on Monday night.
A resident of the community described the situation there as one of total devastation.
"15 dead, 90 per cent of roofs gone. All movement out of Pointe Mitchel is by foot" he said.The resident said four people had been buried so far and the others were unaccounted for.
The resident said four people had been buried so far and the others were unaccounted for.
“A family of seven was swept down by a ravine and only a grandson body we got. He was buried on Tuesday." he stated.
Reports also indicate that one female from the community of Stock Farm perished.
Eight more deaths in other communities around the island were also reported, bringing the preliminary death toll to 24. (BN)