Manasseh King. (FILE)
- Blow to Digicel Read More
- Entrepreneurs making pitch for chance of a lifetime Read More
- Windies ‘A’ fall again Read More
- Surfers worried over Sandy Lane plan Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- HBO, Game of Thrones lead nominations for TV’s Emmy awards Read More
MANASSEH KING’s return as president of the Barbados Amateur Bodybuilding and Fitness Federation (BABBFF) has been cut short.
King has been provisionally suspended by the National Anti-Doping Committee (NADC) for a breach of its regulations.
This was confirmed by Dr Adrian Lorde, who is in Helsinki attending a World Anti-Doping Association (WADA) symposium.
“Mr King has been provisionally suspended pending his hearing under Section 2.9 of the World Anti-Doping Code. A date for his hearing is being set soon,” Dr Lorde told WEEKENDSPORT yesterday.
It appears the suspension of King, who took over the reins of the BABBFF earlier this year after Dr Andrew Forde did not seek re-election, may have stemmed from non-compliance with a request for drug testing to be carried out at the annual St Michael show at the Lester Vaughan Secondary School in early July. (EZS)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.