- Small number of misprinted notes in circulation Read More
- Sealy: Record year for tourism in Barbados Read More
- UPDATE: Volcanoes begin chase with 68/2 in Super50 final Read More
- Pride take on Volcanoes in Super50 final Read More
- Police must report all, not just some Read More
- Gun violence horse long bolted Read More
- Rico raps it up Read More
The United States Embassy in Barbados, the Eastern Caribbean and the OECS says it is aware of rumours circulating that Embassy officials are in Dominica to process visa paperwork.
The Embassy addressed the issue in a scam alert on its website.
“Please be advised that our teams on the ground are focused on the evacuation of US citizens. Consular officers currently in Dominica are not accepting applications for visas. Anyone claiming to do so is likely a fraudster. If you have any questions about visa processing, see our website or e-mail us at BridgetownNIV@state.gov (for non-immigrant visas) and BridgetownIV@state.gov (for immigrant visas.) (NB)