Martin Ince (FILE)
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Under 17 team in Argentina Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
Tourism industry players dependent on the cruise industry have had the wind knocked out of their sales.
Carnival Cruise Lines announced the cancellation of the Carnival Fascination’s cruises to Barbados for September 24, October 4 and 11, due to the damage Hurricane Maria caused to San Juan in Puerto Rico, home port for Carnival and other major cruise lines.
The fact that something was amiss showed up as early as Wednesday when the familiar sight of the ship’s red, white and blue funnel standing out against the skyline was missing at the Bridgetown Port.
Chief executive officer of Foster and Ince Cruises, Martin Ince, whose company is responsible for handling many cruise lines coming into Barbados, confirmed they had been advised about the cancellations by Carnival. (GC)
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.