Renaldo Alleyne. (FILE)
- ECCB to issue world’s first blockchain-based digital currency Read More
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Job well done! Read More
- Windies greats going with Skerritt Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- New-look Crop Over coming Read More
CAMPUS TRENDZ killer Renaldo Anderson Alleyne is going to the Caribbean Court of Justice.
Attorney Arthur Holder, who represented the 27-year-old manslayer, told the WEEKEND NATION that in the wake of the Court of Appeal affirming Alleyne’s six life sentences, he would be seeking special leave to appeal to the island’s highest court.
On Wednesday, the Court of Appeal dismissed the challenge brought by Alleyne and his attorney Holder, saying the six life sentences were neither wrong in principle nor manifestly excessive.
Alleyne, 27, of Prescod Bottom, Hindsbury Road, was one of two young men who had been charged with murdering Tiffany Harding, Kellishaw Ollivierre, Kelly-Ann Welch, Shanna Griffith, Nikkita Belgrave and Pearl Cornelius after the two firebombed the Tudor Street, St Michael store on September 3, 2010.
Three of the girls were employees; the others were customers. (HLE)
Please read the full story in today's Weekend Nation, or in the eNATION edition.