- ON THE RIGHT: Adverse effect on region’s economies Read More
- ON THE LEFT: FATCA behind financial mayhem Read More
- ON THE BALL: Let the drums roll Read More
- A THORNY ISSUE: Right move, Mr President Read More
- Revamp tax system Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Want nothing to do with baby’s dad Read More
- Artistes ‘up de ting’ at Holetown Read More
LOVE BIRDS. Sylvia and Joye Robinson have been basking in their golden moment as they mark their 50th wedding anniversary. The Bajan New Yorkers, who are in love today as much as when they first met in 1960, have come home to celebrate with family, friends and numerous well-wishers. Celebration included a special renewal of marriage vows on Thursday at the same church where they had tied the knot on Thursday, October 11, 1962. A jovial Joye said that from the time he set eyes on Sylvia, he knew she was his for life. “In our 50 years of marriage, I made a few slips on the ice . . . [but] our love is still growing. There is nothing that can part us,” he declared. Here, the happy couple reflecting on their years together.