Here, AG Adriel Brathwaite (right) presenting the equipment to Ulric Boyce.
- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- A work in progress Read More
- Windies Women complete camp before ICC WT20 Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- iWeb defending crown Read More
THE Hilda Skeene cricket team have received a big boost, thanks to Attorney General and Member of Parliament for St Philip South, Adriel Brathwaite.
On Tuesday, he donated cricket equipment, including pads, gloves, helmets and bats to the school, saying he got help sourcing the gear from former West Indies fast bowler and current team manager Joel Garner.
“Cricket is my favourite sport and I want you to enjoy the game safely. Enjoy your new gear, take care of it and I wish you success,” he told the children.
Brathwaite told the media he was a strong believer in physical activity enhancing mental activity and the best students being all round achievers.
The school’s physical education teacher Ulric Batson received the gear on the school’s behalf. He said he hoped it would inspire more children to join the cricket team so they could one day be a force to reckon with in the Herman Griffith competition. (CA)