Here, AG Adriel Brathwaite (right) presenting the equipment to Ulric Boyce.
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- North pull it off Read More
- Easy, breezy Butterfly Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
THE Hilda Skeene cricket team have received a big boost, thanks to Attorney General and Member of Parliament for St Philip South, Adriel Brathwaite.
On Tuesday, he donated cricket equipment, including pads, gloves, helmets and bats to the school, saying he got help sourcing the gear from former West Indies fast bowler and current team manager Joel Garner.
“Cricket is my favourite sport and I want you to enjoy the game safely. Enjoy your new gear, take care of it and I wish you success,” he told the children.
Brathwaite told the media he was a strong believer in physical activity enhancing mental activity and the best students being all round achievers.
The school’s physical education teacher Ulric Batson received the gear on the school’s behalf. He said he hoped it would inspire more children to join the cricket team so they could one day be a force to reckon with in the Herman Griffith competition. (CA)