Barbadian superstar Rihanna
- Greece ends bailout odyssey but Athens not in festive mood Read More
- Petra Roach named 2018 Ambassador of the Year at Virtuoso Week Read More
- Knight Riders gain revenge over Tallawahs with victory in final-ball thriller Read More
- ‘Time for pro’ hockey players Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Kingdom Arts brings fashion to stage Read More
Barbados' most famous daughter will soon have a lasting landmark named after her right in the neighbourhood where she grew up.
In a statement a short while ago, the Ministry of Tourism announced:
"The Government of Barbados will on Independence Day, Thursday 30th November, 2017 officially change the name of Westbury New Road located in St. Michael to Rihanna Drive in honour of Barbadian superstar Ms. Robyn Rihanna Fenty who grew up in Westbury New Road."
Prime Minister Freundel Stuart and Rihanna are scheduled to unveil the new signage at a two hour ceremony at Westbury New Road, from 3.00pm to 5.00pm on Independence Day. (PR)