Trinity Clarke basking in her glory as the new Teen Talent queen. (Picture by Xtra Vision Photography.)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Lehmann Academy doing Holder good Read More
- Pride coach proud Read More
- The chaos that is local transport Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
It was triple delight for Trinity Clarke on Sunday night.
The 11-year-old beat out 16 other contestants in the Richard Stoute Teen Talent final, in addition to winning the essay segment of the annual competition. Last month, she was also in winners’ row in the 6-12 age group of the singing contest.
On Sunday at Hilton Barbados, Trinity, daughter of entertainer Kareen Clarke, walked away with another triple treat: $6 000 in cash, a scholarship to the Barbados Community College and a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to sing for Barbadian megastar Rihanna.
Trinity, who sang Redeemer and Yet Still I Rise, amassed 957 points, ahead of first runner-up Kenya Joseph, who scored 831. Third was Tarique Griffith with 773 points. (SDB Media)