BACK ON TRACK: After two failed attempts, the BTC's third racing season will hopefully starts today and one expects to see starts like the above Don Anglesonny Handicap during the eighth race day of the second season. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Investors to lose Read More
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Gittens going for gold Read More
- Logie backs WI Women to rebound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
Infrared can salute his connections and racing enthusiasts today at the Garrison Savannah with another impeccable performance in the 51st Anniversary Of Independence Handicap over 1 800 metres.
Owned by the Raizman brothers, the colt has racked up three wins from his last five starts, including an incisive victory in the Final Handicap over a similar group at today’s distance.
Trainer Richard Deane will want to keep him winning as Infrared eyes a much anticipated showdown, possibly on Boxing Day, with racing’s next major attraction, Northern Star. Therefore, taking care of business is paramount against his six opponents.
Having nonchalantly won against the main contenders in this race, in Daunting David, Dorsett and Nekitta, Infrared’s main threat looks to be the weight barrier as he’s giving away weights ranging from six pounds to as much as 18 pounds to the competition. (LY)
Please read the full story in today's Saturday Sun, or in the eNATION edition.