- Investors to lose Read More
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Gittens going for gold Read More
- Logie backs WI Women to rebound Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Mrs Maisel, Game of Thrones win on night of Emmy upsets Read More
Police are investigating the circumstances surrounding the unnatural death of police constable Wallace Hayden Odain Greenidge, 38, formerly of Four Hill, Indian Ground, St Peter.
His death occurred between Friday, November 10 and Sunday, November 12, in the area of the Animal Flower Cave, Connell Town, St Lucy.
Greenidge was one of two men who disappeared from the sea rocks in the area of the Animal Flower Cave, after 11 p.m., on Friday, after he and his 42-year-old friend went fishing.
Police and members of the Barbados Coast Guard commenced a search for the two men on Saturday, but it proved futile.
Around 2:53 p.m. today, the body of a man was observed floating in the water in the area of the Animal Flower Cave. The body was retrieved by members of the Barbados Coast Guard, and was subsequently identified to be that of Greenidge. (PR)