Danielle Downes (right) with her son and Ayesha Smith of SBI Distributors. (FILE)
- Barbados to benefit greatly from Sandals Canadian Marketing Incentive Read More
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Dominican students Read More
- Springer, Foundation U-19 final Read More
- BWU thrillers Read More
- Economy must meet needs Read More
- Price gouging hotline needed Read More
- NIFCA excellence Read More
They are a special group – born on the same day that Barbados celebrates its nationhood. They are the Independence Babies and throughout November, the NATION will be taking a look back at Independence Babies through the years. Do you recognise anyone you know?
This story was originally published on December 1, 2007.
TWENTY-YEAR-OLD Danielle Downes has good cause to be celebrating today. She gave birth to the first baby born yesterday on the 41st anniversary of Barbados' Independence Day.
The baby boy, who weighed 5 pounds, 3 ounces, arrived a bit early as he was originally scheduled for January 26.
He was showered with gifts from SBI Distributors as well as the Kiwanis Club Central which presented a basket of children's items. (NATION ARCHIVES)