- Montserrat to try Digital Eastern Caribbean Dollars with blockchain start-up Bitt Read More
- Cyberattacks Read More
- ‘A’ team spin web round Lions Read More
- Grazette clinches Lodge Road draughts title Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Worried about Barbados Read More
- Film-maker no dummy when it comes to puppetry Read More
Members of the Drug Squad have arrested and jointly charged two Barbadian women and a Guyanese man, in connection with a number of drug-related offences.
They are Betty Alicia Griffith–Payne, 38 of Lot #8, West Terrace Heights, St James; Marie Alexa Griffith, 35, of Phillips Road, Cleavers Hill, St Joseph, and Kwanza Ezra Canterbury, 34, of Guyana.
The trio was jointly charged with unlawful possession of cocaine, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and conspiracy to traffic.
The offences were allegedly committed between November 7 and 10 2017, at West Terrace Heights and Mason Hall Street St Michael, respectively.
Griffith–Payne and Griffith also face an additional charge of handling cocaine.
Canterbury faces additional charges of possession of cannabis, possession of cannabis with intent to supply and trafficking cannabis.
The total weight of the Cocaine was 12.5 kilos valued at $625 000 while the cannabis weighed one kilogramme valued at $ 8 000.
Griffith Payne, Griffith and Canterbury are expected to appear in court today. (PR/NB)