- Montserrat to try Digital Eastern Caribbean Dollars with blockchain start-up Bitt Read More
- Cyberattacks Read More
- ‘A’ team spin web round Lions Read More
- Grazette clinches Lodge Road draughts title Read More
- Streetcars can boost transport Read More
- Worried about Barbados Read More
- Film-maker no dummy when it comes to puppetry Read More
Members of the Drug Squad have arrested and charged a Jamaican man for a number of drug related offences which were committed at the Grantley Adams International Airport yesterday.
Thirty-four-year-old Andre Kimar Simpson was arrested and formally charged with possession of cannabis, possession with intent to supply, trafficking and importation.
Police say Simpson arrived on the island by air from Jamaica and a search of his luggage by Customs officers revealed 25 sealed packages of cannabis.
Simpson appeared before Chief Magistrate Christopher Birch in the District “C” Magistrates’ Court today.
He pleaded guilty to the offences and was fined $10 000 forthwith for the offence of unlawful possession of cannabis and $10 000 forthwith for the importation of cannabis.
He was reprimanded and discharged for trafficking cannabis and convicted reprimanded and discharged for possession with intent to supply. (PR/NB)