- ...For the Big Day – and birthdays Read More
- AS I SEE THINGS: Competing robustly Read More
- Athletes do hop, skip, jump to new schools Read More
- The right mix Read More
- EDITORIAL: Unions stance not the best approach Read More
- ‘Roll pitch’ for Bajans to invest in green energy Read More
- Voices raised for Lupus Read More
THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS AWOKEN! And Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has officially got the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) general election campaign into high gear. The three St James constituencies were the stamping ground for the Dems yesterday, with a mass canvass that ended with Stuart endorsing the party’s handling of the country’s affairs. He also said he was confident his administration would not become Barbados’ first one-term Government. “The Spaniards had a saying that when God wants to punish us, He answers our prayers. There are those who were praying to see the sleeping giant of the Democratic Labour Party awakened. That giant has now been awakened,” the Prime Minister said to loud applause after the canvass had culminated in Durants Village. “I hope they can deal with what they have asked for. Their prayers have been answered,” Stuart declared.