- CDB urges regional governments to act now Read More
- New equipment company opens Read More
- King ranked 130th again Read More
- Pride hunting double Read More
- DEAR CHRISTINE: Having doubts after affair of four years Read More
- EDITORIAL: Let’s bring pride to the fore Read More
- Artistes ‘up de ting’ at Holetown Read More
THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS AWOKEN! And Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has officially got the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) general election campaign into high gear. The three St James constituencies were the stamping ground for the Dems yesterday, with a mass canvass that ended with Stuart endorsing the party’s handling of the country’s affairs. He also said he was confident his administration would not become Barbados’ first one-term Government. “The Spaniards had a saying that when God wants to punish us, He answers our prayers. There are those who were praying to see the sleeping giant of the Democratic Labour Party awakened. That giant has now been awakened,” the Prime Minister said to loud applause after the canvass had culminated in Durants Village. “I hope they can deal with what they have asked for. Their prayers have been answered,” Stuart declared.