- How the US rate increase affects the Caribbean Read More
- BARBADOS EMPLOYERS' CONFEDERATION: 24/7 operations and the issues Read More
- Garrison Racing Results - Valentine’s Day Raceday card Read More
- Leicester are for real, five point clear in Premier League Read More
- RON IN COMMON – More opportunities to travel north Read More
- PUDDING AND SOUSE: Something’s hitting fan Read More
- Friday nights for wine and sax Read More
THE SLEEPING GIANT HAS AWOKEN! And Prime Minister Freundel Stuart has officially got the Democratic Labour Party’s (DLP) general election campaign into high gear. The three St James constituencies were the stamping ground for the Dems yesterday, with a mass canvass that ended with Stuart endorsing the party’s handling of the country’s affairs. He also said he was confident his administration would not become Barbados’ first one-term Government. “The Spaniards had a saying that when God wants to punish us, He answers our prayers. There are those who were praying to see the sleeping giant of the Democratic Labour Party awakened. That giant has now been awakened,” the Prime Minister said to loud applause after the canvass had culminated in Durants Village. “I hope they can deal with what they have asked for. Their prayers have been answered,” Stuart declared.