Deputy chief of mission at the US Embasssy, Laura Griesmer (left), with fashion designer Toni Thorne (right) and her mother, creative dancer and teacher Jennifer Sealy. (Picture by Gercine Carter.)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
It was an evening designed for women, giving “sisters” the opportunity to relate to “sisters”, with mentorship and inspiration being the focus.
US Ambassador Linda Taglialatela was the architect who put it all together as she hosted the representative group of women and their mentees to the “Women To Women” forum at “Las Cibeles”, her official residence, last week. Mentors and their charges spent an engaging two hours sharing ideas and experiences, sometimes in serious reflection but more often with laughter over cocktails.
Cleverly paired through the use of playing cards, the women huddled for one-on-one discussion and at the end of the exercise the consensus was that a rewarding evening had been had by all.
And Ambassador Taglialatela thanked the women for joining her “to celebrate women and their unique contributions and achievements.” (GC)