Lesley Chapman-Andrews in her national costume entitled The Spirit Of Kadooment in a pre-recorded event. (GP)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Windies slide Read More
- Cultural’s crown Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
The Miss Universe journey ended last night for local queen Lesley Chapman-Andrews.
Just after 9 p.m., host Steve Harvey announced the Top 16 live from Axis at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, with Chapman-Andrews not making the cut.
However, the 26-year-old walked away with her head held high, as moments before the live telecast, she said she did her best and thanked Barbadians for their support.
“The love you have shown me has been amazing. To all who came along for the journey I say thank you,” she said on the official Miss Universe Barbados Facebook page.
Up to press time, Miss Jamaica was among the top 5. (TG)