Lesley Chapman-Andrews in her national costume entitled The Spirit Of Kadooment in a pre-recorded event. (GP)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
The Miss Universe journey ended last night for local queen Lesley Chapman-Andrews.
Just after 9 p.m., host Steve Harvey announced the Top 16 live from Axis at Planet Hollywood, Las Vegas, with Chapman-Andrews not making the cut.
However, the 26-year-old walked away with her head held high, as moments before the live telecast, she said she did her best and thanked Barbadians for their support.
“The love you have shown me has been amazing. To all who came along for the journey I say thank you,” she said on the official Miss Universe Barbados Facebook page.
Up to press time, Miss Jamaica was among the top 5. (TG)