American television personality Wendy Williams, centre, posing with Barbadian dance group members Riddim Tribe.
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Windies slide Read More
- Cultural’s crown Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
BARBADOS’ tourism is getting a multimillion-dollar boost as a result of a partnership with popular American television programme The Wendy Williams show.
Director for the United States Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI), Petra Roach, said the partnership included seven days of pre-promotion, 20 days of promotion plus all the online and social media activity associated with the show’s social media accounts which have over 5.5 million followers in total.
The Wendy Williams Tropical Punch Sweepstakes was announced on air on October 23, with the Bajan dance troupe Riddim Tribe performing live on The Wendy Williams Show. That promotion ran from October 26 to November 22.
“This promotion on prime time TV would run us into millions of dollars if we had to pay for it,” said Roach.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.