American television personality Wendy Williams, centre, posing with Barbadian dance group members Riddim Tribe.
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Final four move on in Scotiabank National Youth Cup Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
BARBADOS’ tourism is getting a multimillion-dollar boost as a result of a partnership with popular American television programme The Wendy Williams show.
Director for the United States Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI), Petra Roach, said the partnership included seven days of pre-promotion, 20 days of promotion plus all the online and social media activity associated with the show’s social media accounts which have over 5.5 million followers in total.
The Wendy Williams Tropical Punch Sweepstakes was announced on air on October 23, with the Bajan dance troupe Riddim Tribe performing live on The Wendy Williams Show. That promotion ran from October 26 to November 22.
“This promotion on prime time TV would run us into millions of dollars if we had to pay for it,” said Roach.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.