American television personality Wendy Williams, centre, posing with Barbadian dance group members Riddim Tribe.
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- Spinners seal it Read More
- Kaipo takes fight to Hornby Read More
- Renovate education engine Read More
- Give monument some attention Read More
- The Last Jedi cruises toward $200 million domestic debut Read More
BARBADOS’ tourism is getting a multimillion-dollar boost as a result of a partnership with popular American television programme The Wendy Williams show.
Director for the United States Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI), Petra Roach, said the partnership included seven days of pre-promotion, 20 days of promotion plus all the online and social media activity associated with the show’s social media accounts which have over 5.5 million followers in total.
The Wendy Williams Tropical Punch Sweepstakes was announced on air on October 23, with the Bajan dance troupe Riddim Tribe performing live on The Wendy Williams Show. That promotion ran from October 26 to November 22.
“This promotion on prime time TV would run us into millions of dollars if we had to pay for it,” said Roach.
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.