The defaced statue of Lord Nelson. (GP)
- Amazon pulls the plug on New York headquarters Read More
- Late interest payments from Central Bank Read More
- Slow pace at Classic Read More
- Gayle quitting One-Dayers after WC Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Rap scores Grammy breakthrough while girl power rules awards show Read More
The controversial Nelson Statue has been defaced.
Early on the eve of the island's Independence Day celebrations, people passing through National Heroes' Square came across the surprising sight.
Blue and yellow paint and graffiti were placed on the statue and a message was placed at the base.
Under the heading "Nelson must fall", the note charged that Nelson was a "racist and white supremacist who would rather die than see black people free."
The author made it clear that Nelson must go. (NB)