DJ Maniack (right) celebrating his win at The Come Up DJ competition with Starcom Station Manager David Ellis. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Windies slide Read More
- Cultural’s crown Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
It just got Hott-er at the country’s leading radio station.
DJ Maniack was crowned the winner of the The Come Up DJ Competition, sponsored by KFC Barbados.
Maniack will now have the opportunity to showcase his talent to Barbados as he will have a slot on the Starcom Network station.
The finale showdown event came off last Saturday at Pirates Cove, where scores of spirited young fans cheered on their favourite.
Though Maniak came out on top, his competitor and the other finalist DJ Tank had the audience eating out of his hands.
Other deejays who played on the night included Scrappy and Zen, who were eliminated during a previous round.
After he was crowned, Maniack walked away with numerous prizes, including speakers, headphones, a cash prize and the trophy. (TG)