Rihanna applauding during the ceremony. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Schoolboy title up for grabs Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
Superstar Rihanna draped herself in the golden national colour yesterday as she basked in the honour of having her childhood neighbourhood renamed after her.
The cultural ambassador and scores of others, including Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, took their first steps on Rihanna Drive, which was once Westbury New Road.
The ceremony included speeches and performances, among them two renditions by 11-year-old Alexandra School student and Richard Stoute Teen Talent winner Trinity Clarke who brought Rihanna to her feet in admiration. (BARBADOS NATION)