Rihanna applauding during the ceremony. (Picture by Lennox Devonish.)
- Sandals seeks to clear air regarding withholding taxes Read More
- Sagicor rebrands Harmony Hall location Read More
- ‘Enlist’ housing areas Read More
- Dari-Anne fit to be queen Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Meghan Theobalds is Miss Universe Barbados 2018 Read More
Superstar Rihanna draped herself in the golden national colour yesterday as she basked in the honour of having her childhood neighbourhood renamed after her.
The cultural ambassador and scores of others, including Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, took their first steps on Rihanna Drive, which was once Westbury New Road.
The ceremony included speeches and performances, among them two renditions by 11-year-old Alexandra School student and Richard Stoute Teen Talent winner Trinity Clarke who brought Rihanna to her feet in admiration. (BARBADOS NATION)