Hindu friends (from left) Anjali Lilani, Disha Bhojwani and Kiran Mahtani sharing the fun of the Sai Baba celebrations. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
Love and unity pervaded the atmosphere at Casa Grande Airport Hotel and Resort last week when members of the Sathya Sai International Organisation of Barbados celebrated the 92nd birth anniversary of their spiritual leader Sri Sathya Sai Baba.
National coordinator of the organisation, Lalu Vaswani, businesswoman Asha “Mrs Ram” Mirchandani and several other prominent members of the local Hindu community shared the occasion with a host of guests, including Prime Minister Freundel Stuart, guest of honour.
It was an evening when non-followers of Sai Baba got to learn about the teachings of the spiritual leader who preached love and unity among mankind and promoted the idea of an omnipresent God.
In addition to the richly patterned saris worn by many of the women, an onstage presentation by Sai Spiritual Education Children brought more colour to the evening. This, along with devotional songs (Bhajans) prayers, followed by a buffet of delectable Indian fare made for an engaging evening. (GC)