ELITE RUNNERS: Marathon winner Paul Schmidt (right) of Germany and last year’s champion Jean Habarurema of Martinique were among the overseas entrants. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- It takes two Read More
- Sport off track? Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
APPARENTLY the marathon’s renewed popularity is no fluke.
Seems the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) has left nothing to chance, having vigorously promoted the Run Barbados series at international events to ensure the increased numbers at this year’s marathon.
BTMI sports manager Devon Chase explained the process after the once fading marathon recorded 96 competitors on Sunday to almost double last year’s figures.
“I think it’s being buoyed through successful partnerships with likes of the Canada Running Series, where we’ve been promoting it in the market place,” said Chase. (JM)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.