ELITE RUNNERS: Marathon winner Paul Schmidt (right) of Germany and last year’s champion Jean Habarurema of Martinique were among the overseas entrants. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- Zuckerberg says Facebook made mistakes on user data Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
APPARENTLY the marathon’s renewed popularity is no fluke.
Seems the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) has left nothing to chance, having vigorously promoted the Run Barbados series at international events to ensure the increased numbers at this year’s marathon.
BTMI sports manager Devon Chase explained the process after the once fading marathon recorded 96 competitors on Sunday to almost double last year’s figures.
“I think it’s being buoyed through successful partnerships with likes of the Canada Running Series, where we’ve been promoting it in the market place,” said Chase. (JM)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.