ELITE RUNNERS: Marathon winner Paul Schmidt (right) of Germany and last year’s champion Jean Habarurema of Martinique were among the overseas entrants. (Picture by Kenmore Bynoe.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- Brazilian midfielder Kaka retires at age 35 Read More
- Brereton keeps title Read More
- Give monument some attention Read More
- Govt should be solutions-driven Read More
- The Last Jedi cruises toward $200 million domestic debut Read More
APPARENTLY the marathon’s renewed popularity is no fluke.
Seems the Barbados Tourism Marketing Inc. (BTMI) has left nothing to chance, having vigorously promoted the Run Barbados series at international events to ensure the increased numbers at this year’s marathon.
BTMI sports manager Devon Chase explained the process after the once fading marathon recorded 96 competitors on Sunday to almost double last year’s figures.
“I think it’s being buoyed through successful partnerships with likes of the Canada Running Series, where we’ve been promoting it in the market place,” said Chase. (JM)
Please read the full story in today's Daily Nation, or in the eNATION edition.