- Nation Group restructuring Read More
- CTO CDB looking to double number of Hospitality Assured businesses Read More
- Darian King out of Miami Open Read More
- New era as St Albans and St Giles top NAPSAC for the first time Read More
- Is it wrong to be right? Read More
- Powers that be not in sync Read More
- NCF calls for judges in the arts Read More
CLICO policyholders are hoping for a speedy conclusion to parliamentary and other matters related to the failed insurer.
On Monday night during a meeting at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, Barbados Investors and Policyholders Alliance (BIPA) briefed its members on matters involving CLICO and its sister company British American Insurance Company (BAICO).
Last night, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart piloted debate on the CLICO International Life Insurance Ltd Guarantee Amendment Bill 2017. It was approved by Parliament and a full debate on CLICO will take place on Friday.
BIPA spokesman Michael Goodman told the MIDWEEK NATION that representatives of the group had told members on Monday night they hoped the legislative matters involving CLICO would be resolved yesterday. (SC)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.