- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Republic Financial Holdings to acquire Scotiabank in nine Caribbean countries Read More
- Windies Hope for the win Read More
- Warning shot Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Shanta ready to Throw Wine Read More
CLICO policyholders are hoping for a speedy conclusion to parliamentary and other matters related to the failed insurer.
On Monday night during a meeting at the Lloyd Erskine Sandiford Centre, Barbados Investors and Policyholders Alliance (BIPA) briefed its members on matters involving CLICO and its sister company British American Insurance Company (BAICO).
Last night, Prime Minister Freundel Stuart piloted debate on the CLICO International Life Insurance Ltd Guarantee Amendment Bill 2017. It was approved by Parliament and a full debate on CLICO will take place on Friday.
BIPA spokesman Michael Goodman told the MIDWEEK NATION that representatives of the group had told members on Monday night they hoped the legislative matters involving CLICO would be resolved yesterday. (SC)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.