Piarco International Airport (Internet image)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean assists Nature Fun Ranch Read More
- BRA closing early at Weymouth and Pine Read More
- Spinners seal it Read More
- Kaipo takes fight to Hornby Read More
- Renovate education engine Read More
- Give monument some attention Read More
- The Last Jedi cruises toward $200 million domestic debut Read More
PORT OF SPAIN – Police were searching for at least four gunmen who reportedly stole five million dollars during a daring daylight robbery at the heavily secured section of the Piarco International Airport, east of here on Wednesday.
Police have no released any information on the heist but media reports said that the gunmen, armed with high-powered weapons, held up a officers of a private security firm at around midday and made off with the cash that was destined for the sister isle of Tobago.
The media reports noted that the men dressed in camouflage clothing and wearing masks, gained access to the tarmac and held up the security officers guarding a cargo cart containing the cash.
Police in Central Trinidad are reported to have a black vehicle used in the robbery. (CMC)