Piarco International Airport (Internet image)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Law suspended by ICC for opening two ODIs Read More
- Windies men target improved performances in ODIs and T20Is in India Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
PORT OF SPAIN – Police were searching for at least four gunmen who reportedly stole five million dollars during a daring daylight robbery at the heavily secured section of the Piarco International Airport, east of here on Wednesday.
Police have no released any information on the heist but media reports said that the gunmen, armed with high-powered weapons, held up a officers of a private security firm at around midday and made off with the cash that was destined for the sister isle of Tobago.
The media reports noted that the men dressed in camouflage clothing and wearing masks, gained access to the tarmac and held up the security officers guarding a cargo cart containing the cash.
Police in Central Trinidad are reported to have a black vehicle used in the robbery. (CMC)