Singer Nikita. (FILE)
- Making monumental impact Read More
- British Airways boost for travel to and from Barbados Read More
- Harte’s back Read More
- Schoolboy title up for grabs Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Stan Lee, creator of many Marvel superheroes, dead at 95 Read More
As 2017 draws to a close, we look back at some of the stories that caught the public’s attention over the year.
This story was originally published on May 23, 2017.
Controversy has hit Crop Over early in the season.
Barbadian artiste Nikita released a song on Monday called Same Way with an official lyric video on YouTube for the Crop Over 2017 season.
The writing credits list Trinidadian Jason "Shaft" Bishop, Scott Galt, Mike Hulsmeier and Nikita Browne.
However, there is another song with the exact lyrics from start to finish called We De Same released in 2015 by DeeVine, a Bajan artiste based in Britain.
Both songs from DeeVine and Nikita can be viewed on YouTube with no differences between the two except for the voices.
Shaft is no stranger to Barbados music scene, having written for local artistes Lil Rick, Imani, Edwin, Peter Ram and Hypasounds, among others.
The differences with the songs are just the riddim with Nikita's produced by De Red Boyz. Efforts to reach Nikita and Shaft were unsuccessful. (NATION ARCHIVES)