Terry Harewood (left) Natalie Webb (centre) and Stephen Broome taking an intermission break. (Picture by Reco Moore.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- CWI sends condolences to Windies U19 player Joshua Persaud Read More
- Top Bajan golfers in Chile Read More
- Stick to preaching the Gospel Read More
- Relegate Nelson to museum Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
Jazz aficionados were at Ilaro Court Sunday night for the 2017 Yello Christmas Jazz, a major event on the Yuletide calendar.
On the 15th anniversary of the event by Deryck Walcott Productions, scores of patrons filled the seating on the spacious grounds and some even took up vantage positions on the slopes overlooking the large stage and giant screens.
They were all pumped up and ready for an evening of the kind of music to which they look forward every year. Nicholas Brancker and his band sounded the first note and the crowd was ready. Letting out the air of excitement, with hoots, repeated shouts of: “Yessss”.
The women stepped out in fine style, but not to be outdone, the men struck their own fashion note in bold pinks and greens and an array of designer duds.
The music, the colour, the atmosphere left no doubt another Christmas is here.
Merry Christmas to all, from Social Scene. The Scene will be at Christmas Morning in Queen’s Park, tomorrow. (GC)