- Jamaican group completes take-over of Trinidad insurance company Read More
- Government ‘losing out’ on taxes Read More
- The Pipeman was loved by all, says Skerritt Read More
- Tridents pick Hales in first round Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Scenes of Barbados in Fenty ad Read More
Superstar Rihanna is today mourning the death of her cousin, Tavon Kaiseen Alleyne who was murdered on Boxing Day.
In a sorrowful tribute which she posted to Instagram, the singer mourned that the last time she saw her cousin was on Christmas Day. The post, which displayed several photos of Rihanna and Tavon in happier times, read:
“RIP cousin…can’t believe it was just last night that I held you in my arms! Never thought that would be the last time I felt the warmth in your body!!! Love you always man! #endgunviolence”
The multi-hyphenate star is thought to have celebrated Christmas in Barbados with her family. However, a pall of death was thrown over the festive season when 21 year old Tavon was shot to death around 7 pm last night in Eden Lodge.
According to a statement from the Royal Barbados Police Force, preliminary investigations indicate that Alleyne was walking through a track in the area of his house when he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene.
Alleyne was rushed to the QEH by a private vehicle, where he later succumbed to his injuries.
Alleyne’s death was the 31st murder for the year.