New Year’s baby Zariah Nikita Chase-Bourne with mum Tiffany Chase and dad Kemal Bourne. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- CIBC FirstCaribbean appoints new CIO, managing director Read More
- Sam Lord’s Castle: Into The Future Read More
- St Michael, St Thomas rule court Read More
- Pride crush Scorpions Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Solidarity now an empty slogan Read More
- King Bubba on Bequia stage tonight Read More
A bouncing baby girl was the first New Year’s Day birth.
Zariah Nikita Chase-Bourne arrived around 2:03 p.m. yesterday afternoon, weighing six pounds, 15 ounces.
Her parents, Tiffany Chase and Kemal Bourne, of St Michael, were elated that their second child arrived on the first day of 2018. They already have a daughter who is three years old.
Kaffy-Ann Harewood of Massy Distribution was on hand to present a gift basket to the parents.
A second baby, a boy, was born late in the evening and up to Press time there were no details on him. A check at Bayview Hospital revealed there had been no births yesterday at that facility. (RL)