New Year’s baby Zariah Nikita Chase-Bourne with mum Tiffany Chase and dad Kemal Bourne. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- World Bank's Kim sees ‘clear’ economic slowdown if trade war escalates Read More
- AA extends daily flight service to Barbados Read More
- Skeete and Mayers bow out Read More
- North Stars ‘safe as ever’ Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- City Nights take on Broadway feel Read More
A bouncing baby girl was the first New Year’s Day birth.
Zariah Nikita Chase-Bourne arrived around 2:03 p.m. yesterday afternoon, weighing six pounds, 15 ounces.
Her parents, Tiffany Chase and Kemal Bourne, of St Michael, were elated that their second child arrived on the first day of 2018. They already have a daughter who is three years old.
Kaffy-Ann Harewood of Massy Distribution was on hand to present a gift basket to the parents.
A second baby, a boy, was born late in the evening and up to Press time there were no details on him. A check at Bayview Hospital revealed there had been no births yesterday at that facility. (RL)