The Herbert family was one of many to wake up to the new BLP candidate posters, this one of Ian Gooding-Edgehill in Embroke Road, Grazettes, St Michael. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Seasoned executive joins Hilton’s global operations team Read More
- We’ve got your back, says Co-op Read More
- Legal battle Read More
- City earns Premier League promotion Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Puff of Colour regrets fracas, reviewing event Read More
Red, ready and off the mark.
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) has brought the realisation of the 2018 general election right into the public eye as it posted election posters in all 30 constituencies over the course of Monday night.
With the posters attracting much attention, both BLP general secretary Dr Jerome Walcott and party leader Mia Mottley said the Bees were ready whenever the bell was rung.
“You would have seen posters across the country this morning, and we are saying that we are getting ready,” Walcott said.
“We know that elections have to be called and we’re preparing for that and letting the people of Barbados know we are ready and that our candidates are ready to serve,” he added. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.