The Herbert family was one of many to wake up to the new BLP candidate posters, this one of Ian Gooding-Edgehill in Embroke Road, Grazettes, St Michael. (Picture by Ricardo Leacock.)
- Barbados to sign tax agreement with OECD Read More
- International business ministry comments on removal from blacklist Read More
- Kirby gets second gold Read More
- Kirton off to Canada for qualifiers Read More
- Unbearable wait for Sargeant Street bus Read More
- Role of Christ’s soldiers in society Read More
- Gospel thriller Read More
Red, ready and off the mark.
The Barbados Labour Party (BLP) has brought the realisation of the 2018 general election right into the public eye as it posted election posters in all 30 constituencies over the course of Monday night.
With the posters attracting much attention, both BLP general secretary Dr Jerome Walcott and party leader Mia Mottley said the Bees were ready whenever the bell was rung.
“You would have seen posters across the country this morning, and we are saying that we are getting ready,” Walcott said.
“We know that elections have to be called and we’re preparing for that and letting the people of Barbados know we are ready and that our candidates are ready to serve,” he added. (AD)
Please read the full story in today's Midweek Nation, or in the eNATION edition.