Shawayne Dashawn Williams who appeared in court today.
- Barbados wins major recognition with Expedia award Read More
- Sagicor open to other offers Read More
- Champions League draw: Liverpool v Bayern Munich, Man Utd v Paris St-Germain Read More
- Pride had belief Read More
- Wanted: A more efficient airport Read More
- Low-hanging fruit for all Read More
- Love for Smokey Read More
Update: Shawayne Dashawn Williams was remanded after appearing before Magistrate Douglas Fredericks in the District "A" Magistrates' Court today.
Williams was not required to plead to the indictable offence. He will next appear in court on January 31. Williams, who is charged with the December 26 murder of Tavon Alleyne, is represented by attorney Angella Mitchell-Gittens.
Police have arrested and charged 23-year-old Shawayne Dashawn Williams of White Hall #1, St Michael with the murder of 21-year-old Tavon Alleyne.
He is expected to appear in the District “A” Magistrates’ Court on today.
Alleyne, a 21-year-old of Lakes Close, Eden Lodge, St Michael, was shot around 7 p.m., on December 26, 2017.
He was walking through a track in the area of his house when he was approached by a man who shot him multiple times before fleeing the scene.
Alleyne was rushed to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital by a private vehicle and later succumbed to his injuries.
The deceased was the son of Leroy (Daddy I-Roy/De Warrior) Brathwaite and the cousin of Barbadian superstar Rihanna. (PR/NB)